Here’s another yummy treat I make without fail every holiday season. Jay’s grandmother (Grammar) served these at a family get-together one year, and was sweet enough to share the recipe with me. I’m honored to pass it on to my girls – they both love it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups pecan halves (1 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix together the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat together the egg white and water with a fork.
- Add the egg white mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add pecans to the egg & sugar mixture and stir until the pecans are well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spread the coated pecans evenly over it.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Increase baking temperature to 300 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.