This chicken fried rice is seriously super yummy. I am not a big rice-eater – to be honest if it weren’t for this recipe I could totally live a rice-free life. But oh MAN, this meal is amazing. Seriously. There’s a bit of prep work involved, but the actual cooking time is super fast, but as long as you get everything prepared ahead of time you’ll be digging in and headed for seconds before you can say, “WOWZA!”
- 3 cups cooked rice (I prepare the rice the day before)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cooked chicken breast (I buy mine pre-cooked at the deli to make it easier and tear up into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peas, carrots, onion, and garlic to the skillet. *Be sure the frozen vegetables are not wet after thawing. I dry mine on a paper towel. Cook the mixture until the onions begin to appear clear, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Push the vegetable mixture to the side of the skillet and add the eggs, scrambling them as they cook.
- Mix the eggs and vegetables together.
- Add the pre-cooked rice, soy sauce, and chicken, mixing it in with the egg and vegetables.
And there you have it – super yummy chicken fried rice!
This is another recipe I serve occasionally at our weekly Bible study meetings, and every time I have I’m asked for the recipe – so here it is! I usually double the recipe for our small group of 10-15 people and keep it warm in the crockpot… but I’m always careful to set some aside for me before everyone gets there! 😀