Whether you purchased a calendar kit like I did, found free printables online, or made one yourself (impressive!), it most likely has many different colors all over it. What a great opportunity to maintain those color recognition skills!
Every few days or so, point to a color on your calendar and ask your preschooler to name the color. You can do it as much or as little as you like, depending on how much practice your child needs (or how much they enjoy this activity)!
There are many activities you can do with colors on the calendar:
- Have your child name the colors they see on the calendar
- Talk about the colors on the weather chart (yellow sun, white clouds, etc.)
- Ask your child to point to a specific color
- Go on a color hunt, looking for things around the house that match a certain color
- Tear out a coloring book page and color it together using only one color. Do this for a few days and put all the pages together to make your own color book
And here’s a cute little video on the colors you can enjoy together, too!