So back in April I wrote a post about how my love for reading had been re-kindled. I wasn’t kidding – I have been tearing through books like crazy!
Since that post I haven’t stopped reading. Almost as soon as I finish one book I’m downloading the next, eager to jump into a new story. Sometimes I give myself a week or two to catch up on all the things I’ve neglected while I’ve been engrossed in my current read, but the withdrawal kicks in before too long and I’m back at chapter 1 of the next.
Here’s what I’ve finished since April… in no particular order (mostly because I can’t remember what order I read them in. 😀 )
- The Divergent Trilogy (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant)
- The Fault in Our Stars
- The Cabinet of Curiosities
- The Maze Runner series (The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure, The Kill Order)
- The Giver series (The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger, Son)
- The Wrecker
- Gone Girl
- The Hunger Games Trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell (recommended by Emily 🙂 )
The only other book that I have on my list from April is Gone, and I’ve already got it downloaded on my Kindle. It’s about a bunch of teenagers learning how to survive in the world after everyone over the age of 13 vanishes… along with phones, television, and the internet. I just love any story with an interesting plot!
And since Christmas is coming, I thought it might be a good idea to create a wish list on Amazon. 🙂 I added a few from the Kindle Best Sellers’ list, then asked my friends on Facebook for their recommendations. Here’s my new list!
- Sharp Objects
- Big Little Lies
- Daddy’s Gone A-Hunting
- Mean Streak
- Rules of Civility
- Wild (I just saw a preview of the movie and it looks really good)