Cake pops and Oreo pops are fun to make, and even more fun to eat. But if you’re looking for an easier and quicker treat, I highly suggest you try these super yummy Smores pops! I made them a couple of summers ago and forgot all about them until my sweet friend Tina mentioned them a few days ago. Since the girls and I had planned a lazy day at home they were the perfect activity! Seriously, they are the easiest things ever, so they totally qualified as a lazy day activity. 🙂 Here’s what you’ll need:
- lollipop sticks
- graham crackers
- jumbo marshmallows
- milk chocolate chips
Are you ready to be prepared to be blown away by the simplicity?
- Crush the graham crackers. You’ll only need about 2-3 cracker sheets, I always err on the side of too many in case the chocolate goops them up in the coating process.
- Melt the chocolate chips. I put about half the bag in a glass container in the microwave and melt on high for 30 seconds. Then I take them out, stir well, and return to the microwave on high for another 30 seconds.
- Place a marshmallow on the end of each lollipop stick.
- Dip the marshmallow halfway into the melted chocolate. I twist mine as I pull it out so that the marshmallow doesn’t slide off the stick.
- Gently roll the chocolate-dipped marshmallow in the crushed graham crackers, then tap the top of the marshmallow into the crackers so that all the chocolate is covered in graham cracker.
- Place the finished pops in a glass so that they won’t stick to each other, then place in the fridge (standing up) for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
That’s it! Super easy, right? Emily and I made about 20 of them in less than 10 minutes, which means they are also a fabulous treat if you’ve promised to bring dessert somewhere and forgot and don’t have a whole lot of time to bake cookies or an upside-down pineapple cake or monkeybread. Not that I’ve ever been in that situation or anything…. 😉 So there you go! A fast, fun, easy, and yummy treat that makes you feel like you’re camping – even if your hubby would never agree to sleep on the ground in a tent. 😀 Enjoy! 😀